Wednesday, August 04, 2004

 

Feedback.

The site has been live for less than 24 hours and I have had two good luck comments to my first posting. Three if you include an email from one of my mates. Cheers to all of you.

At the end of his comment Councillor Andrew Brown enquires:

"...Just wondering though is this the Freedom of Information Act you were looking for, or did you want another one?"
We have had a Freedom of Information Act for a while now. Even though I have no desire to denigrate Labour, this particular piece of legislation is as useful as Monty Python's Dead Parrot. It is a class one minger.
There's no use anyone trying to insist otherwise because most researchers still need to go to the USA to use thier version of the FOI to try and discover critical information about stuff that's going on over here.

So Andrew, whenever you become Prime Minister, a more thoughtful FOI would go down quite nicely thank you.


Comments:
No, you'll not be catching me going back to the Palace. I've worked for an MP and seen enough of the personal problems it causes not to have any desire to climb that greasy pole.

You'll have to find someone else to get you a new FOI Act.

As an aside I recently did a small bit of work with Frank in my day job, when he was helping out the government by leading on their Play Review. You can find the results of his work here: http://www.culture.gov.uk/global/publications/archive_2004/children_play_review_report.htm

I found him engaged and responsive.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?